-
January 17th, 2006, 11:24 PM
#1
Inactive Member
The best thing is once friends outgrow dolls they give them to you....for free! (what are friends for!!!) Anyways, the Josefina and Molly that I just inherited have major hair trouble and I was hoping to try out the Downey Dunk. I have never done it before fyi. I have seen two great examples of this step by step on the imagepost thing. (still havn't figured out how to make one for myself) When you go to do the steaming, do you put the iron directly on their hair? What setting do you use? Ahhh! lol. Once their hair is restored they should be in near new shape. No marks on the body or anything!!!
-
January 17th, 2006, 11:27 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Yes, you can put the steamer right on the hair! It is quite easy. I did it for the first time about a week ago and had no problems (for a step by step, see my album).
My steamer didn't have any settings, just on and off. I hope this helps, and PM if you have any other questions.
The hair is so soft and silky when done!
Good luck!
Jessica
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ January 17, 2006 08:56 PM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font></font>
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 17, 2006 08:56 PM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font>
-
January 17th, 2006, 11:32 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Love the album FarmhouseGirl - you make it look so easy! Thanks!
-
January 17th, 2006, 11:40 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Just make sure you are using a Steamer and NOT a regular iron (with a steam setting). The iron will melt the dolls hair and you will have a bigger mess that you do now. The steamer on the other hand works great! I have used it with amazing results.
-
January 18th, 2006, 02:01 AM
#5
Inactive Member
AND, make sure the steamer you use has NO METAL parts that will touch the doll's hair--or the consequences could be disasterous!! [img]eek.gif[/img]
But, steaming does work wonders for the frizzies....good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks